Col [Rtd] Eutychus Karumba Waithaka
Col Waithaka has vast experience in Aviation, having served in the Kenya Air Force for over 20 years as a pilot and a principal Adviser to the Air Force Commander.
He has flown many types of military aircraft including fighter as well as transport planes. He is a qualified flying instructor [military]
He chose to retire early from the military , in order to serve in the civil aviation industry. The same year he joined the Kenya Association of Air Operators as the Executive Secretary, where he has worked tirelessly to drive the Kenyan Aviation Industry to realise its vision and purpose.
His contribution in the industry can be expressed in the many roles he has undertaken in the past and those he continues to play today, including but not limited to the following:
- Members of Civil Aviation Board
- Member of Aviation Security Committee
- Member of Civil / Military Coordination Committee
- Member of Civil Aviation Technical Advisory Committee.
- Member of the management committee of the Aero Club of East Africa
- Chairman of the Police Air wing Reform Committee
He is also an active Air show organiser, and a founder member of the ORLY AIRPARK, which is the first AIRPARK in Kenya and perhaps the second in Africa.